1. It is socially acceptable for me to cry or be emotional.
2. I can call the police without fear for harassment.
3. I can be myself in public without my personality reflecting back on my race
4. I can go to class wearing a dress one day and sweat pants and a pony tail the next and people will accept that as my “freedom of expression”.
5. I know that I will have a meal on the table tomorrow.
6. I can easily find makeup in my skin tone.
7. I knew all of my life that I would be able to go to college and I was expected to go to college.
8. I am not expected to be the breadwinner of my future family.
9. I am able to have children.
10. I will be able to raise my children how I want to.
11. It is acceptable for me to be affectionate in public, meaning that I can give someone a hug in public without people looking down on me.
12. If I am carrying something heavy there is usually someone stronger than me who will help.
13. People usually hold the door open for me, even ones that I have never met before.
14. I can remain where I am and never be expected to have to learn another language or culture.
15. I have a family that I can go home to almost whenever I want.